Benefits of Membership
- Membership of the Institute means being part of an internationally recognised professional organisation
- IHRIM's association with other organisations such as AMSPAR (The Association of Medical Secretaries, Practice Managers, Administrators and Receptionists), IFHIMA (The International Federation of Health Information Management Associations), BCS (The British Computer Society), BCSASSIST (The Association of Informatics Professionals in Health and Social Care), IRMS (The Information and Records Management Society), BSMSA (British Society of Medical Secretaries and Administrators) and Fed-IP (The Federation of Informatics Professionals) gives members the opportunity to be proactive with regard to legislative changes, developments and compliance within their organisation
- IHRIM is the only professional organisation offering comprehensive qualifications for health records and health information professionals at all grades. An IHRIM qualification offers a competitive edge with employers, potential employers, colleagues and peers. IHRIM qualifications are recognised as the benchmark of professional excellence.
- Clinical Coding members of IHRIM have access to the National Clinical Coding Qualification (UK) for which IHRIM is the Awarding Body
- Membership of a professional association and professional qualifications are requirements when applying for senior management positions.
- Free places & reduced rates for attendance at many relevant conferences are negotiated for IHRIM members
- A Bi-Monthly Newsletter from the Institute’s Communications Team
- Members have access to additional areas of the IHRIM website (www.ihrim.co.uk) that are not accessible to non-members including the EXCLUSIVE ability to access ALL IHRIM past papers which are © IHRIM.