Federation for Informatics Professionals
The Federation for Informatics Professionals (FEDIP) brings individuals and organisations together to share knowledge, promote standards and unlock potential in the informatics community.
- Connect with the UK health informatics community to share knowledge and grow your network
- Help to develop professional standards and ensure the best use of information technology in health and care
- Take your place on the IP public register and gain wider professional recognition
- Demonstrate your competence and experience to colleagues, employers and wider society
- Play your part in shaping the informatics profession and transforming modern healthcare
Is it for me?
You're ready to apply for IP registration if you:
- work in a professional informatics role using data and technology to support health and care delivery
- perform a range of activities including complex and non-routine tasks
- understand how your role impacts upon patient care
- demonstrate quality and integrity in your work
What are the requirements?
- You're assessed against the criteria set out in the FEDIP standard
- You need to be a member of a professional body licenced to award FEDIP:
- APHA: Association of Professional Healthcare Analysts
- BCS: The Chartered Institute for IT
- CILIP: Chartered Institute of Librarians and Information Professionals
- IHRIM: Institute of Health Records and Information Management
- SOCITIM Society for IT practitioners in the public sector (Corporate membership model)
How to apply
The IHRIM Board are finalising the FEDIP registration process at present. Further details will be made available soon.